Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hotel Max - Seattle, WA

While in Seattle, we also spent one night at the Hotel Max. It's located in Seattle's downtown area, in the midst of lots of great shopping and dining. It's also within walking distance of Pike Place Market.

The Hotel Max is a great modern hotel with hip decor, boasting modern art from artists and photographers from Seattle. If I didn't have a baby and were a lot cooler, this would have been a great place to stay (attached to the hotel was the Red Fin Restaurant, which looked like it had an interesting menu and boasted an intriguing happy hour which I never got to try).

One of the first things I noticed was that the elevator and the hallways leading to the hotel rooms were very small and narrow. If you have lots of baby gear, you might have to take a few trips up and down the elevator. And my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm not sure that a double stroller could fit down one of those hallways.

The hotel room wasn't particularly baby-friendly either. The rooms were a little cramped, so if you have lots of baby gear, you might struggle for space. Also, the bathroom sink had one of those modern flat bowls (...so would it be called a plate?) on which it would be utterly impossible to bathe a baby. The "refrigerator" was a beverage cooler that was filled with mini-bar goodies. We had to take a few mini bar items out of the cooler in order to make room for bottles of milk. Also, the beverage cooler didn't seem to be that cool, which is another negative.

Like I said, if I didn't have a baby and were a lot cooler, the Hotel Max would be the place for me. But I do have a baby and am decidedly uncool, so I wouldn't recommend the Hotel Max for families with babies or small children. So why did we stay there? They had a great package deal for my stay date - $99 for one night, including valet parking. And if you've looked at prices for downtown Seattle hotels, you'll find that parking is outrageously expensive.

Hotel Max
620 Stewart Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Reservations 866-986-8087

No comments:

Post a Comment