Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nursing in Hong Kong?

We'll be going to Hong Kong at the end of October, and I'm excited... though anxious. I've been to Hong Kong many times before, but never with a baby. One of my big concerns is nursing Baby. Is nursing in public common? Encouraged? Taboo? I had read an article from a while back stating that nursing isn't very popular in Hong Kong, although the government is taking steps to encourage mothers to breastfeed babies. If breastfeeding isn't common in public, are there stores/malls/restaurants that are more or less nursing-friendly?

While doing some research on this issue, I stumbled across this article that gives a list of places in Hong Kong with nursing rooms and changing rooms. It's quite helpful.

To encourage nursing, the HK government has also provided baby care facilities in some government offices/premises. They've published a list of these facilities here.

No comments:

Post a Comment