Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome!

I love to travel. Growing up, my dad worked for United Airlines, and boy did we take advantage of those flight benefits. The frequency of my travels has decreased in the past couple of years, mostly because I no longer have those flight benefits (damn you, 25th birthday!). Further, my husband and I just had a baby, and traveling with a baby is difficult - not only because of the obvious logistical hassles associated with a baby's feeding/changing/sleeping demands, but because of the lack of readily-compiled information on the Internet. There's a noticeable lack of information about traveling specifically with babies and infants, whereas there are plenty of sources for information about traveling with kids and teenagers. Really, I'd love to find out information about how practical a large Inglesina stroller is in a busy city like New York, or where to buy good and cheap diapers in Malaysia, or whether or not it's taboo to nurse in public in South Korea.

My aim in creating this blog is to compile useful information about traveling with babies to local and international destinations in the form of links to other sites or articles and also personal experiences. I'm also hoping that readers will post their own tips about traveling with kids and comments about particular locations/hotels/cities that are or are not baby friendly.

My son just turned 8 months, and in those 8 months, he's done quite a bit of traveling - he's been on multiple plane trips, long and short road trips, camping, numerous hotel stays, etc. In the near-ish future, we're planning trips to Hong Kong, Rome, and a European cruise. I'm hoping that my chronicles of our travels with Baby will prove useful and, dare I say, even entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment